Terms and Conditions of Use
- General: WishSlate websites (“Websites”) and mobile applications, including our Android, iOS and web apps (“Apps”) and related services (together with the Websites, the “Service”) are operated by WishSlate, Inc. (“WishSlate,” “us,” or “we”). Access and use of the Service is subject to the following Terms and Conditions of Service (“Terms and Conditions”). By accessing or using any part of the Service, you represent that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions including any future modifications. WishSlate may amend, update or change these Terms and Conditions, and will notify you should we do so. Any revisions to these Terms and Conditions will become effective the first time you access or use the Service after such changes. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions, you are not authorized to use, access or participate in the Service.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS. VIEW THE TERMS UNDER THE GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW.
- Description of Service: The Service allows users to access and use a variety of services to manage your network of family and friends, track occasions and wish lists, discovery and shopping services for a variety of products and experiences. WishSlate may, in its sole discretion and at any time, update, change, suspend, make improvements to or discontinue any aspect of the Service, temporarily or permanently.
- Registration Information: In connection with registering for and using the Service, you agree (i) to provide accurate, current and complete information about you as requested by WishSlate; (ii) to maintain the confidentiality of your password and other information related to the security of your account; (iii) to maintain and promptly update any registration information you provide to WishSlate, to keep such information accurate, current and complete; and (iv) to be fully responsible for all use of your account and for any actions that take place through your account.
- Your Representations and Warranties: You represent and warrant to WishSlate that your access and use of the Service will be in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and with all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the United States, Canada, and any other relevant jurisdiction, including those regarding online conduct or acceptable content, and those regarding the transmission of data or information exported from the United States, Canada and/or the jurisdiction in which you reside.
You represent and warrant that (1) you are not organized under the laws of, operating from, or otherwise ordinarily resident in a country or territory that is the target or comprehensive U.S. or Canada economic or trade sanctions (i.e., an embargo) or (2) identified on a list of prohibited or restricted persons, such as the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons or any equivalent list in Canada , or (3) otherwise the target of U.S. or Canada sanctions.
- Inappropriate Conduct and Use: You will not upload, display or otherwise provide on or through the Service any content that: (i) is libelous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harassing, hateful, offensive or otherwise violates any law or infringes upon the right of any third party (including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights); or (ii) in WishSlate’s sole judgement, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using the Service or which may expose WishSlate or its users to any harm or liability of any kind.
- Indemnification: You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless WishSlate and its directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, suppliers, licensors, successors and assigns, from and against any and all losses, claims, causes of action, obligations, liabilities and damages whatsoever, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to your access or use of the Service, any false representation made to us (as part of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise), your breach of any of these Terms and Conditions, or any claim that any translation we provide to you is inaccurate, inappropriate or defective in any way whatsoever.
- License: Subject to the terms of these Terms and Conditions, WishSlate grants you (i) a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to download, install, and use one copy of each App in object code form only on an interactive wireless device that you own or control (ii) a non-transferable, non-exclusive license to use, the web App via a web browser. You may not derive or attempt to derive the source code of all or any portion of any App, permit any third party to derive or attempt to derive such source code, or reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or translate any App or any part thereof. WishSlate and its licensors own and shall retain all intellectual property rights and other rights in and to the Apps, and any changes, modifications, or corrections thereto. The following terms and conditions apply to you only if you are using the Apps from the Apple App Store. To the extent the other terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of this paragraph, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in this paragraph apply, but solely with respect to Apps from the Apple App Store. You acknowledge and agree that these Terms and Conditions are solely between you and WishSlate, not Apple, and that Apple has no responsibility for the Apps or content thereof. Your use of any App must comply with the App Store Terms of Service. You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Apps. In the event of any failure of any App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if any, for the App to you; to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Apps, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by these Terms and Conditions. You and WishSlate acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims of you or any third party relating to the Apps or your possession and/or use of any App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that an App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. You and WishSlate acknowledge that, in the event of any third-party claim that any App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, WishSlate, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms and Conditions. You must comply with applicable third-party terms of agreement when using any App. You and WishSlate acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms and Conditions as they relate to your license of the Apps, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms and Conditions against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES BY WISHSLATE: THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ALL IMAGES, AUDIO FILES AND OTHER CONTENT THEREIN, AND ANY OTHER INFORMATION, PROPERTY AND RIGHTS GRANTED OR PROVIDED TO YOU BY WISHSLATE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. WISHSLATE AND ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, WISHSLATE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND RELATING TO ACCURACY, SERVICE AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, ERROR-FREE OPERATION, RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ACCESS AND USE OF THE SERVICE MAY BE UNAVAILABLE DURING PERIODS OF PEAK DEMAND, SYSTEM UPGRADES, MALFUNCTIONS OR SCHEDULED OR UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE OR FOR OTHER REASONS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION ON TYPES OF DAMAGES/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL WISHSLATE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY) FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE ACCESS OR USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE LOSS OF USE OF THE SERVICE, INACCURATE RESULTS, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR DAMAGES STEMMING FROM LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE, THE COST OF RECOVERING ANY DATA, THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OR CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY DAMAGE TO COMPUTERS, SOFTWARE, MODEMS, TELEPHONES OR OTHER PROPERTY, EVEN IF WISHSLATE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WISHSLATE’S LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO WISHSLATE FOR THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE INITIAL ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY. THIS IS AN AGGREGATE LIMIT. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM HEREUNDER WILL NOT INCREASE THIS LIMIT.
- Termination: WishSlate may terminate your access and use of the Service immediately at any time, for any reason, and at such time you will have no further right to use the Service. You may terminate your WishSlate account at any time by following the instructions available through the Service. The provisions of these Terms and Conditions relating to the protection and enforcement of WishSlate’s proprietary rights, your representations and warranties, disclaimer of representations and warranties, release and indemnities, limitations of liability and types of damages, ownership of data and information, governing law and venue, and miscellaneous provisions shall survive any such termination.
- Proprietary Rights in Service Content and Activity Materials: All content available through the Service, including designs, text, graphics, images, information, software, audio and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Service Content”), are the proprietary property of WishSlate or its licensors. No Service Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, other than as expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions. You may not use any data mining, robots, scraping or similar data gathering or extraction methods to obtain Service Content. As between you and WishSlate, all data, information (“Information”) generated from your access and use of the Service, shall be exclusively owned by WishSlate, and you shall not have any right to use such Information except as expressly authorized by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Service, you hereby assign to WishSlate any and all rights, title and interest, including any intellectual property rights or proprietary rights, in the Information. All rights of WishSlate or its licensors that are not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved to WishSlate and its licensors.
- Trademarks: “WishSlate” and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Service are trademarks or service marks of WishSlate or their respective owners. Access and use of the Service does not grant or provide you with the right or license to reproduce or otherwise use the WishSlate name or any WishSlate or third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics or logos.
- Cookies: Use of the Service is also governed by our Cookies Policy, a copy of which is located at https://www.wishslate.com/cookies-policy/. By using the Service, you consent to the terms of this WishSlate Inc. Cookies Policy.
- Notice for Claims of Copyright Violations and Agent for Notice: If you are a copyright owner and have a good faith belief that any material available through the Service infringes upon your copyrights, please consult your legal counsel for further details or see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3). You may submit a copyright infringement notification to WishSlate pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing us with the following information in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org , with ‘ATTN: Copyright Agent of Notice’ in the subject line of the email.
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Service, with enough detail that we may find it on the Service;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- Governing Law and Arbitration; No Class Action: These Terms and Conditions, its subject matter and WishSlate’s and your respective rights under these Terms and Conditions, as well as and any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions, shall be governed by and construed under the laws of Ontario, Canada, excluding the conflict of law provisions of that or any other jurisdiction, regardless of your country of origin or where you access the Service. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR THE SERVICE WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except for WishSlate’s right to seek injunctive relief as set forth below. Unless otherwise expressly required by applicable law, each party shall bear its own attorneys’ fees without regard to which party is deemed the prevailing party in the arbitration proceeding. If you do not want to arbitrate disputes with WishSlate and you are an individual, you may opt out of this arbitration agreement by sending an email to email@example.com within 30 days of the day you first access or use the Service. If you intend to seek arbitration you must first send written notice to WishSlate’s Administration Office of your intent to arbitrate (“Notice”). The Notice to WishSlate should be sent by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘ATTN: Legal’ in subject line of email and by sending the Notice by postal service certified mail to WishSlate, Inc., Attention: Legal, G-300 Main Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1S 1E1. The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought; and (iii) set forth your name, address and contact information. If we intend to seek arbitration against you, we will send any notice of dispute to you at the contact information we have for you.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, YOU AND WISHSLATE EACH AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDING WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, YOU AND WISHSLATE EACH WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL. If a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing arbitration provisions invalid or inapplicable, you and WishSlate agree that all claims arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions must be resolved exclusively by a provincial or federal court located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, and you and WishSlate each agree to submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that WishSlate shall still be allowed to apply for and obtain injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
- Miscellaneous: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between WishSlate and you concerning the subject matter hereof. In the event that any of the Terms and Conditions are held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect. A waiver by WishSlate or you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. WishSlate may assign its rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions without condition. These Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of WishSlate and you, and WishSlate’s and your respective successors and permitted assigns.
Sign up TO GET IN THE LOOP
Be the first to know about new APP features, deals and more.